My peach crisp is the perfect weeknight dessert!
Craving a big ol’ helping of peach pie, but don’t want to go through all the trouble of making a crust? Bless your heart. I know exactly how that feels. But don’t worry, I have just the solution for you! My Peach Crip is everything you need. Put that nasty pre-made crust right back on the shelf where you found it! I’ve got the perfect recipe that’ll satisfy your craving for good ol’ Georgia peaches and a little bit of sugar.
This sweet treat only has three ingredients and takes less than an hour from start to finish, so it’s easy enough to whip up on a weekday. That’s what I’m talking about, honey! You don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen or sacrifice flavor by picking up cheap pie crust from the store. You can have something that tastes just like your momma made it, fresh and homemade without any hassle.
It’s pretty darn simple. All you need is a package of my special Mama June’s Peach Crisp mix (which you can find in my very first Southern Treats box), some butter, and sliced peaches! It couldn’t be easier, sugar. You don’t have to be a baking expert, just follow my instructions and you’ll have something amazing on your hands in no time at all.
Now, I prefer using some good ol’ fresh Georgia peaches for this recipe, but canned peaches work just fine too! It’ll be just as tasty, just as sweet, and just as big of hit for the whole family! There’s nothing like a helping of warm Peach Crisp after a good meal. If you want, try this with a small dollop of low-fat whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Just thinking about that creamy and sweet goodness has my mouth watering!
Mama June’s Hint:
Sip on some of my Spiked Peach Iced Tea while you’re whipping this up in the kitchen. A little extra refreshment never hurt nobody!
- 1 Package Mama June's Peach Crisp Mix
- 2-3 Cups Sliced Peaches
- 1/2 Cup (4 oz) Softened Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine one whole package of Mama June’s Homemade Baking Mix with ½ cup of softened butter. Mix together with a fork until the mixture is thoroughly blended and crumbly. Set the crisp mixture aside.
- Place 2-3 cups of sliced peaches in an ungreased 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crisp mixture evenly over the peaches.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- The Southern Way: Top with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Enjoy, y’all!