Simple, delicious and wholesome, my Almond Parmesan and Garlic Crusted Chicken Breasts are an easy-to-make favorite!
Are y’all ready for Mama June’s take on wholesome, home-made Shake-N-Bake? These Almond Parmesan & Garlic Crusted Chicken Breasts are a grown-up take on a classic comfort food fave. In my recipe, firm, juicy chicken breasts are covered with flour and egg, and then coated in a mixture of blanched almonds, garlic, parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves. Chicken breast is a great source of lean protein, making this dish a healthy and easy supper for any night of the week.
The flavor comes from the salty, savory Italian parmesan cheese, the fresh basil leaves and the clove of fresh garlic. My recipes always feature simple, pure, wholesome ingredients and these delicious Almond Parmesan & Garlic Crusted Chicken Breasts are no exception. In fact, this recipe features just 11 ingredients!
A Kid-Friendly Twist
My kids love this recipe. When they were younger, all they wanted to eat was a happy meal from Mickey Dees. To give ’em a healthier, homemade version of their favorite chicken nuggets from McDonalds, I would cut up the lean chicken breast into small, nugget-size pieces. When cooking this recipe as chicken nuggets, be sure to adjust the cooking time. Because the pieces are so small, you won’t need as long to cook them all the way through. Keep an eye on ’em so they don’t burn. When cooked perfectly, the chicken should feel firm to the touch and the almond-parmesan coating should be golden brown!
To make a complete meal, I like to serve these Almond Parmesan & Garlic Crusted Chicken Breasts with a fresh green salad or some steamed veggies. These Almond Parmesan & Garlic Crusted Chicken Breasts are also great on pasta or on top of a bowl of my famous Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Tomato & Red Chili Arrabiata.
- 1 Cup Blanched almonds
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 4 Chicken Breast Halves, boneless & skinless
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Pepper
- ¼ Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 Egg, beaten with 2 tsp. water
- ¼ Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Add the almonds, parmesan cheese, garlic and basil leaves into a food processor. Pulse a few times until almonds and parmesan resembles a crumb. Transfer to a plate.
- Lightly flatten chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in flour. Pat off any excess.
- Dip floured chicken in beaten egg.
- Press each chicken breast in the almond-parmesean-garlic-basil mixture, covering chicken well.
- Place chicken breasts on a buttered baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is just firm and almonds are golden.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and lemon juice and drizzle the mixture over the cooked chicken breasts. Serve with fresh seasonal vegetables or side salad of choice.